Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (3)
A beautiful deep ruby in color, this wine opened up with a sensuous bouquet of cherry, black plum, black currants, sandalwood, leather, vanilla and spices notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, tangy, fine texture, harmonious with fresh acidity and dusty tannins. Great length on the finish with flavours of ripe berry fruit, herbs and spices, cedar notes and very tasty. Castello Di Querceto Chianti Classico Riserva 2008 strikes a good balance between traditional style and modern style of Chianti Classico, the winemaker really nailed the aromatics, great nose. This wine should keep improving over the next 2-4 years but delicious right now. Strongly recommended, enjoy on March 10, 2013.
Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
Decanted 1.5 hours. Great body, not heavy but not too light. Good tannins still, hopefully this will mellow with age. Had a very earthy scent on the nose which was off-putting, hoping that this too will mellow with a couple years in the cellar.
- Il Molino Di Grace Riserva Chianti Classico 2009, Tuscany
- Ca' Di Pesa Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany
- Le Fonti Di Panzano Chianti Classico Riserva 2012, Tuscany
- Rocca Delle Macìe Riserva Di Fizzano Single Vineyard Gran Selezione Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany
- Isole E Olena Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany