Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (4)
Apr 2013. Colour is holding still, quite dark. Really lovely nose of spice & earth, with quite rich fruit. Med bodied, and a nice blend of of classic sangiovese character with moderm winemaking. Could go several more years, but really lovely right now.
This Chianti Classico Riserva is a blend of 95% Sangiovese and 5% Canaiolo with alcohol coming in at 13.5%. On the nose this wine opens up with aromas of black cherry and blackberry fruit, exotic spices, wood smoke, floral and earthy notes. On the palate, dry with concentrated black fruit, espresso and dark chocolate flavours, hard tannins and balanced acidity. Very good length on the finish with dark berry fruit flavours, savoury notes and firm, persistent tannins. This Chianti Classico Riserva has everything in abundance with fine potential but needs time. I would cellar this wine for 2-3 years, if opened now, decant for 2-3 hours. Tasted June 2012.
Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
- Il Molino Di Grace Riserva Chianti Classico 2009, Tuscany
- Ca' Di Pesa Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany
- Le Fonti Di Panzano Chianti Classico Riserva 2012, Tuscany
- Rocca Delle Macìe Riserva Di Fizzano Single Vineyard Gran Selezione Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany
- Isole E Olena Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany