Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (2)
This is delicious, textbook Carmenère. The alluring aromas are complex and multi-layered, with fresh butter, cured and roasted meat, dark purple fruit, black pepper, oak, oregano, and candle wax, and the fantastic sweet-savoury combination deepens on the palate with the introduction of characteristic green pepper, which becomes more and more prominent without ever overwhelming, more Italian herbs, and additional creamy lactic elements. With this flavour profile, amplified by excellent length and structural balance, it's a gorgeously rich expression of one of Chile's signature grapes.
Savoury and meaty aromas of medium+ intensity with notions of new oak, blue fruit and some greenness. Palate is medium-to-full bodied with firm, dusty tannins. Flavours of green, herbal and eucalypt. Has very good, balanced acids and medium-long finish. Tasted Oct/2014.
Visit my website vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley