Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (4)
A pleasant and subtle wine, but I do not think it has the depth or complexity to rate the high scores from the reviewers.
Dark ruby in colour with medium+ intensity on the nose.
Positives: Cedar, plum, licorice, blackberry, dark chocolate & dried earth. Medium+ body & tannins with good acidity & long length.
Negatives: There's some heat coming from the 14.5% alcohol.
Interesting Point: Very food friendly as the flavours are all subdued.
Drink now or over the next 4 years & pair it with Beef Wellington.
Tasted: 22 June 12
Score: 8.5+/10, Value: 8.5/10, Total: 17+/10.
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 3.5
A wine of deep purple, which opens up with aromas of blueberry- blackberry fruit, licorice, burnt toast, black pepper and dried floral notes. On the palate, full bodied, concentrated flavours, balanced acidity and firm tannins. A wine of many layers on the finish including dark fruit, sweet oak, savoury notes and those same firm tannins lingering 'till the end. Drink now or over the next 5-6 years. Strongly recommended.
- Pierre Henri Morel Signargues Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2010, Rhone
- Château De Galifay Cairanne Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2010, Rhone
- Domaine Les Grands Bois Cuvée Philippine Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2010, Rhone
- Famille Perrin Les Sinards Châteauneuf Du Pape 2010, Rhone
- Domaine Cros De Romet Cairanne Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2010, Rhone