Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (3)
I enjoyed this Chianti very much! I would gladly add it to my collection. It's a bit tight but not too tight as not to let you enjoy what it has to offer. It has great herbal and cherry notes. Very well balanced. Delish.
Visit my website www.theyummygrape.com
Enjoyable Chianti. Flavours of cherries, leather and tobacco. Firm tannins. Excellent finish. Went well with veal parmigiana. Tasted March 2012
This is certainly a serious example of Chianti Classico to be sure, from its dark opaque ruby color to its earthy bouquet with aromas of black cherry, plum, dried mushroom, tobacco, leather, oak spices and earthy/peaty notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, firm structure with grippy tannins and flavours dominated by oak characteristics. This Chianti finish is long and intense with very concentrated flavours of cherries and cedarwood plus those same grippy/chewy tannins lingering. I usually enjoy Chianti with pasta but this one calls for meat like steak or lamb. This wine is not quite ready for prime time yet, to do it justice, 3-5 years in your cellar would be beneficial. Enjoyed on December 20, 2012.
Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
- Il Molino Di Grace Il Margone Chianti Classico Gran Selezione 2011, Tuscany
- Il Molino Di Grace Riserva Chianti Classico 2009, Tuscany
- Vicchiomaggio Agostino Petri Riserva Chianti Classico 2010, Tuscany
- Ca' Di Pesa Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany
- Le Fonti Di Panzano Chianti Classico Riserva 2011, Tuscany