Community Reviews (2)
This is sort of mid-way between a regular Valpolicella and an Amarone.
Dense and full bodied with stewed dark fruits; blackberries, plums, prunes, raisins. A hint of vegetal greenness, A good balance of sweet and savory. Alcohol and tannin in pretty good balance. A good food wine with a bit of power that is likely to please most at a table, though I would say it's at least $5 overpriced.
Visit my website torontowineguy.blogspot.com/
- Speri Valpolicella Classico Superiore Ripasso 2013, Veneto
- Tenuta Sant'antonio Monti Garbi Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso 2014, Veneto
- Provolo Campotorbian Ripasso Valpolicella Superiore 2011, Veneto
- Speri Pigaro Ripasso Valpolicella Classico Superiore 2012, Veneto
- Storia Antica Ripasso Valpolicella 2013, Veneto