Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (3)
A delicious Riesling, slightly of dry, terrifically balanced and focused with citrus and green apple fruit and enticing stony mineral notes.
(Tasted 16 March, 2012)
Visit my website www.essexwinereview.com
One of Ontario’s prominent virtually winery producers, Charles buys grapes from renowned Chef Marc Pinone’s vineyards in Prince Edward County and vinifies them at Stratus Winery in Niagara. Bountiful in aromas and flavours, this is a classy Riesling featuring touches of white grapefruit and lemon peel, with nuances of wet limestone and petrol. Slightly off-dry, it has an attractive oily texture that is nicely balanced by a lifted acidic core.
- Dr. Heidemanns Bergweiler Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese 2013, Mosel
- Künstler Hochheimer Stielweg Old Vines Riesling Trocken 2013, Rheingau
- Maximin Grünhäuser Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel
- Bischöfliche Weingüter Trier Scharzhofberger Spätlese Riesling 2012, Mosel
- Tawse Sketches Of Niagara Riesling 2014, Ontario