Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (3)
Very enticing nose of red fruit cherry and cedar.strong tannins add grip but this wine will will be a mellow monster in a few years.
Reasonable alcohol level and very nice finish this wine will be great w veal or a book by the fire. Going to drink next 2016.
Medium+ ruby with a medium to medium+ intense nose.
Positives: What a nice surprise to have a Napa Valley Cab for under $20 that doesn’t taste like blueberry jam on toast. This wine features cedar, raspberry, plum, ribena, blueberry, mocha, cherry and a touch of leather. Medium+ body, tannins, acidity and length.
Interesting Point: Very similar to Errazuriz Max Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, Chile ($18.5 & a best buy from my earlier review), but not as strong in the ribena and blueberry notes.
Tasted: 9 Jan 13
Drink now or over the next 3 years, on its own or pair it with tenderloin steak.
Score: 9/10, Value: 9+/10, Total: 18+/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Casas Del Bosque Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, Maipo Valley
- Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, South Australia
- Montgras Ninquén Mountain Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Mojo Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, South Australia
- Firestone Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, California