Critic Reviews (5)
Community Reviews (8)
Full crimson purple, a rich full bodied shiraz with an unexpected savoury/black olive background more commonly found in cabernet, the powdery tannins likewise; the black fruit is given an autocratic structure and mouthfeel boding well in the future. matured for 18 months in new and used french and american oak. drink by 2025,
James halliday. winecompanion.com july 2012
The reviewers all warn that this wine is not ready yet, so I gave it a few hours in the carafe. I was unsure what to think at first taste, but by the end of the glass I thought this is a great wine. It starts with a subdued version of the classic Australian Shiraz rase, and has a long peppery finish. I think I will buy another bottle of this, and maybe wait and see if can get even better.
Unusual savoury Shiraz that took me off guard at first, but that I started to appreciate after 30 - 45 minutes of decanting. However, this was not worth $27 in my opinion. Can certainly age another year or two, as it still felt too young to truly appreciate. Also it felt too hot with probably a high degree of alcohol. Tasted May 2014.
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Stellenrust Peppergrinder's Shiraz 2012, Stellenbosch
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Rockcliffe Third Reef Shiraz 2013, Western Australia