Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (2)
A wonderful off-dry Kabinett from a single vineyard in the Saar. The nose is subdued but complex with apple, lemon, pineapple, green papaya, passion fruit, guava, apricot, mango, and petrol. These build on the palate, with an explosion of tropical fruit, along with the stone and orchard fruit, and a touch of slate. It's less minerally than other Mosel Rieslings, but there's still that extraordinary depth (even on a light frame) and balance that defines the region, the fleshy fruit complemented by zippy acidity, the many notes playing harmoniously through the long finish. Simply delicious.
- Dr. Heidemanns Bergweiler Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese 2013, Mosel
- Tawse Sketches Of Niagara Riesling 2014, Ontario
- Vineland Estates Elevation St. Urban Vineyard Riesling 2014, Ontario
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Dry Riesling 2012, South Australia
- Charles Baker Riesling Ivan Vineyard 2015, Ontario