Critic Reviews (7)
Community Reviews (2)
The nose is dominated by ripe, pithy lime and wet rock, with delicate traces of white peach, yellow apple/pear, white flowers, and vague spice. Hits the palate with jaw-tingling lemon/lime, then moves through lightly honeyed peach and apple, onto lingering wet rock, citrus pith, and ginger/nutmeg. The wine is off-dry, though the acidity cuts through the residual sugar to balance things beautifully. The aromas in particular seemed a bit shy, but I imagine it will open up nicely in a year or two.
Slightly reserved lime pulp, lime zest, melon, honey, and stone. Quite weighty and surprisingly lush in the mouth, high acid balanced with some residual sweetness. Looking for more drive and depth, especially considering Tantalus's renowned prowess with the grape, but still well made.
- Dr. Heidemanns Bergweiler Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese 2013, Mosel
- Tawse Sketches Of Niagara Riesling 2014, Ontario
- Vineland Estates Elevation St. Urban Vineyard Riesling 2014, Ontario
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Dry Riesling 2012, South Australia
- Charles Baker Riesling Ivan Vineyard 2015, Ontario