Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (8)
Simply outstanding. This wine had true depth of flavour with stewed red fruits, leather, cedar and a lovely organic, earthy note. The flavour just lasted and lasted. All were impressed around the table.
I didn't know what a pleasant surprise I was in for when I selected a bottle of this for dinner at a friends. I enjoyed the balance and evolution so much I went back the next day and bought the last three bottles on the shelf.
This Super Tuscan is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Alicante, Sangiovese and Cabernet Franc and underwent malolactic fermentation. Lovely mature nose of violets, dried fruit, and floral with hints of fig, cedar wood, earth and whiffs of prune. On the medium-bodied palate it has earthy, herbal, and resin notes with hints of mint and leather throughout. Some high-toned spice tones and warmth mid-palate is balanced well by fruit, oak and acids and gives way to long, smooth finish. Tannins are almost fully resolved. Should continue to drink well for 4-5 years. Superb! Tasted Nov/2015
Visit my website vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com
- Il Molino Di Grace Gran Selezione Il Margone 2011, Tuscany
- Castello Di Gabbiano Gran Selezione Bellezza Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany
- Rocca Delle Macìe Riserva Di Fizzano Single Vineyard Gran Selezione Chianti Classico 2012, Tuscany
- Querciabella Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany
- Poggio A Frati Rocca Di Castagnoli 2011, Tuscany