Community Reviews (1)
Not a powerful Carmenère, just right & a delicious, juicy wine for under $14
Description: Medium dark ruby in colour with an intense nose. This wine features light cedar, plum, cherry, blackberry, blueberry, nectarine, licorice, soy sauce, Allspice, peppers and oregano. Medium body with medium tannins, good acidity and a long length.
Drink now or in the next couple of years on its own or pair it with peruvian coriander herb crusted rack of lamb.
Tasted: 24 July 2015
Score: 9/10, Value: 9.5/10 (sale price: 10/10), Total: 18.5/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Santa Carolina Carmenère Reserva 2015, Cachapoal Valley