Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (5)
Stunning! Intensely aromatic bouquet presents prunes, damsons, stewed cherries, berry compote, Danish pastry, dark chocolate, cardamom, nutmeg—on and on. Thick (though not syrupy) and smooth. Well balanced. Great on its own (as I served it at a wine-tasting event in January 2015), it would also work splendidly with roast duck or roast pork in a cherry reduction. Still many years left in this wine, for those who can resist temptation. Well worth the price.
Absolutely terrific. One of the finest amarone's I've had the pleasure of drinking. Tasted January 2015.
Definite amarone flavours of currants, plums and ripe red fruits, mixed with lovely raisined taste and earthly hints of coffee.
- Luciano Arduini Amarone Di Valpolicella Classico 2011, Veneto
- Monte Del Frá Lena Di Mezzo Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2011, Veneto
- Masi Costasera Amarone Classico 2011, Veneto
- Bolla Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2011, Veneto
- Sartori Corte Brà Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico 2009, Veneto