Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (3)
Just what I want out of a Southern France wine - dark fruit and savoury flavours in harmony. Medium full bodied, with nice structure and acidity. It's like a bite of venison with an herbal savoury blueberry sauce in a bottle.
Deep purple, with brighter red on the rim.
Nose of sweet spice cake, molasses biscuit, red plums, blueberry, a hint of vanilla. The alcohol is prevalent on the nose.
Racy on the palate, all about the bright red fruits (slightly stewed - almost chutney-like) with pepper, dried herbs, capsicum.
Medium-plus tannins remain firm, though it finished a tad shorter than I expected, initially. Having said that, structure is very good.
Visit my website www.vinceteragroup.com/
- Barossa Valley Estate Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2012, South Australia
- Sister's Run Cow's Corner Grenache/Shiraz/Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Château D'anglès La Clape Classique Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Claymore You'll Never Walk Alone Grenache Shiraz Mataro 2013, South Australia
- Torbreck Old Vines Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2013, South Australia