Cesari Mara Valpolicella Ripasso 2010, Veneto
Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (8)
Rich and smooth. A great value to have available in the general section, so you don't have to run out and buy a bunch before they are gone.
Amazing QPR! Classic stuff from an Iconic Amarone producer that I'm sure is as synonymous as MASI when it comes to Amarone/ Ripasso wines.
Visit my website www.winelightmedia.com
A ruby red medium to full bodied valpolicella. This wine has a certain elegance and balance that is endearing and approachable. Mild oak, vanilla, spice and cherry are nicely integrated with soft tannins and acidity. There's just a hint of confected sweetness, but again, balanced with a touch of bitterness and heat on the lengthy finish. I paired it with a mushroom, roasted garlic and spicy sausage pizza, but it could stand up to red meat dishes or rich pastas as well. Don't "pass over" this nice wine especially while on sale. Tasted Oct. 2013.
- Speri Valpolicella Classico Superiore Ripasso 2013, Veneto
- Tenuta Sant'antonio Monti Garbi Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso 2014, Veneto
- Provolo Campotorbian Ripasso Valpolicella Superiore 2011, Veneto
- Storia Antica Ripasso Valpolicella 2013, Veneto
- Giuseppe Campagnola Ripasso Della Valpolicella Classico Superiore 2014, Veneto