Markus Molitor Zeltinger Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese 2008 - Expert wine ratings and wine reviews by WineAlign
Outstanding aromatics here: textbook Mosel riesling with perfectly ripe peach-apricot-nectarine, jasmine, light...
Markus Molitor makes some of Germany’s most powerful and intense wines. This is a gripping riesling with all kinds of...
Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (3)
Rich, unctuous, zippy acidity, everything I love in a Spatlese Mosel Riesling. The nose is driven by aromas of ripe apple, pineapple, stone fruit, and honey. These flavours continue on the palate with the apple and honey shining through. Beautiful long finish. Absolutely lovely bottle of wine. Tasted October 2012.
The flavours and nose are 'wow' as noted. However, the beer-strength ethanol and relatively muted acidity make me wonder if a non-alcoholic beverage might not deliver the same experience.
Deference to the pros as always, but I wouldn't re-spend 27 bucks to buy more of this.
- Clemens Busch Marienburg Kabinett Riesling 2013, Mosel
- Max Ferd. Richter Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett 2013, Mosel
- Bischöfliche Weingüter Trier Scharzhofberger Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel
- Maximin Grünhäuser Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel
- Reinhold Haart To Heart Piesport Riesling 2013, Mosel