Joseph Cattin Muscat 2010, Ac Alsace
Dry muscat is one of the hidden gems of Alsace, and great value if you like the style. And at $15 this is place to...
Wildly fragrant, classic muscat aromatics, like sniffing a fresh elderflower and cherry blossom, with underlying...
Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (2)
This has the same unique taste as an Alsace gewertztraminer, so I assume that is the taste of the terroir. Very nice for the price.
Great gewurzt-ish smell, lively fruit on impact/swishing, then POOF!...the fruit disappears nanoseconds after swallowing. 'Hit and Run' flavor, leaving a light and inoffensive finish.
We tried this with Chicken Balti (fairly mild curry) as suggested, but the wine didn't have the backbone to cut through.
Would have it again as a straight sipper, or maybe served with asparagus as the bottle suggests (do people actually eat asparagus as a stand-alone course?).
Worth the cost.
- Château De La Ragotière Sélection Vieilles Vignes Sur Lie Muscadet Sèvre Et Maine 2014, Loire
- Domaine Salmon Grande Réserve Muscadet Sèvre & Maine Sur Lie 2014, Loire
- Grand Fief De La Cormeraie Muscadet Sèvre Et Maine Sur Lie 2014, Loire
- Domaine Du Haut Bourg Muscadet Côtes De Grandlieu 2013, Loire
- Château De La Bretesche Muscadet Sèvre Et Maine Sur Lie 2014, Loire