Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (2)
This has the same unique taste as an Alsace gewertztraminer, so I assume that is the taste of the terroir. Very nice for the price.
Great gewurzt-ish smell, lively fruit on impact/swishing, then POOF!...the fruit disappears nanoseconds after swallowing. 'Hit and Run' flavor, leaving a light and inoffensive finish.
We tried this with Chicken Balti (fairly mild curry) as suggested, but the wine didn't have the backbone to cut through.
Would have it again as a straight sipper, or maybe served with asparagus as the bottle suggests (do people actually eat asparagus as a stand-alone course?).
Worth the cost.
- Château De La Bigotière Sèvre & Maine Sur Lie Muscadet 2012, Loire
- Château Salmonière Vieilles Vignes Muscadet Sèvre & Maine 2012, Loire
- Chateau Du Cleray Muscadet Sevre Et Maine 2012, Loire
- Pierre Et Chantal Lieubeau La Grille Single Estate Muscadet 2012, Loire
- La Haute Févrie Le Fils Des Gras Moutons Muscadet Sèvre Et Maine Sur Lie 2012, Loire