Stags' Leap Winery Cabernet Sauvignon 2008 - Expert wine ratings and wine reviews by WineAlign
The model of consistency vintage to vintage and head to foot. Runs black cherry in its veins with nary a cut, scrape...
This is one of those wines that gets into the back of your head. It has a lovely lifted nose of very ripe black...
Clean, classic Napa Valley cabernet character with dark smoky black berry fruit, noted but balanced wood influence...
Stags' Leap Winery Cabernet Sauvignon 2008, Napa Valley
This is one of those wines that gets into the back of your head. It has a lovely lifted nose of very ripe black raspberry, oak, dried mint/rosemary, oak resin and some animal character. It's full bodied, brawny, dense and garrulous. Quite hot and tannic and not yet integrated. But the complexity and reach of the flavours are very promising. Here’s a cabernet I would love to have in my cellar. Best 2016 to 2020+. Score: 92 (David Lawrason, WineAlign.com, Apr 2012)
Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (1)
A beautifully polished wine - complex nose, deeply textured and harmoniously balanced palate of black fruit, woodsy and herbal components and a seemingly endless finish. It's pricey, but delivers.
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Forest Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, Western Australia
- Kenwood Jack London Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, California
- Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, South Australia
- Barossa Valley Estate Ebenezer Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, South Australia
- Starmont Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, California