Folonari Valpolicella Classico Superiore Ripasso 2009 - Expert wine ratings and wine reviews by WineAlign
An elegant mid weight red with nicely integrated oak and red berry fruit aromas and flavours. Expect plum jelly,...
Folonari Valpolicella Classico Superiore Ripasso 2009, Veneto
Light to medium ruby colour; intense spicy bouquet , dried black fruits and rich ripe cherry flavours; dry, full bodied, smooth, raisin, ripe cherry and well balanced ; rich, dry finish
Rich pasta dishes, wild mushroom risotto, game, lamb and veal.
Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (3)
An excellent wine and I feel well worth its price. Aromas of blackcurrant and lots of spice. On the palate, the spice is a more subtle, with plum and leathery notes to add to the complexity. Nicely balanced, with a lengthy finish. Tasted December 2011.
Visit my website www.weeklywine.ca/
If you are a Amarone lover then this wine is a fabulous affordable alternative. It is a little softer than Amarone but still a deep full bodied red.
- Villa Girardi Bure Alto Ripasso 2013, Veneto
- Tommasi Il Sestante Ripasso Valpolicella Superiore 2013, Veneto
- Feudi San Pio Ripasso Valpolicella Classico Superiore 2013, Veneto
- Palazzo Maffei Ripasso Valpolicella Superiore 2012, Veneto
- Provolo Campotorbian Ripasso Valpolicella Classico Superiore 2009, Veneto