Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (3)
Medium ruby in colour with an intense nose.
Positives: Lots of flavour on both the nose & taste showing cedar, cassis, plums, cloves, blueberries, blackberries, vanilla, leather, pencil shavings & turmeric. Full body, medium tannins, good acidity & long length.
Negatives: A touch hot from the high alcohol.
Interesting Points: A quality consistent wine that is easy to drink on its own or to pair it with food & it taste more like a $50 wine. LCBO usually has this on sale a couple of times throughout the year. I love the black label with the silver detailing.
Drink now or cellar it for another 5 years. Pair it with beef Wellington.
Tasted: 23 May 12
Score: 9.5/10, Value: 9+/10, Total: 19/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4.5+
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
Very dense ruby colour and the density doesn't stop there. Ripe with black plum, currant, cocoa and coffee. Notes of cigarbox and baking spice add some depth. Full-bodied and plenty of soft tannin. Great length and a touch of heat.
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hedges Family Estate Three Vineyards Red 2011, Washington
- Jim Barry The Cover Drive Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, South Australia
- Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, South Australia
- Carmen Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, Maipo Valley
- Zonte's Footstep Avalon Tree Cabernet Sauvignon 2010, South Australia