Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (3)
Medium ruby in colour with medium+ intensity in the nose.
Positives: A very nice aromatic nose featuring carnations, peppers (red, black & white), nutmeg, cinnamon, blackberry, raspberry, plums & cedar. The taste isn't as pronounced as the nose, but that's not necessary a bad thing. The tasting notes are plums, raspberry, peppers (red, black & white), eucalyptus, cardamom, arugula with dandelion greens and young artichokes on the finish. Medium to full body, good acidity, medium to low tannins & high alcohol.
Negatives: The high alcohol is quite noticeable along with a bitterness.
Drink now on its own or pair with BBQ baby ribs.
Tasted: 27 Jan 12
Score: 8+/10, Value: 9/10, Total: 17.5/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 3
- Château Pech Redon L'épervier 2010, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Grenache 2012, Australia
- Wolf Blass Yellow Label Ltd. Edition Shiraz Grenache Mourvedre 2012, South Australia
- D'arenberg The Stump Jump Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre 2010, Australia
- Hewitson Miss Harry 2006, Australia