Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (3)
Inky blood ruby in colour with medium intense nose.
Description: Very Zin like character in both flavour & power. Notes of plums, raisins, mocha, dark chocolate, blueberry, black cherry, blackberry, sweet peppers, Christmas cake, figs, cinnamon & nutmeg. This wine is full body with low tannins, medium acidity & long length.
Negatives: 16% alcohol! That's getting to close Port.
Interesting Things: Good wine to give those who don't like tannins or austere red wines & like it a little sweeter. Nice on a cold winter day.
Drink now as a meal of its own or pair it with T-bone steak. This can age for another 3 years.
Tasted: 3 Dec 11
Score: 9.+/10, Value: 9/10, Total: 18.+/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4 ag
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
Tasted April 2012. A big juicy red with loads sweet overripe dark fruit flavours that linger nicely for a good while. The 16% alcohol is noticeable but not overbearing in anyway. A heavy hitter that goes down much easier than expected.
- Barossa Valley Estate Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2012, South Australia
- Sister's Run Cow's Corner Grenache/Shiraz/Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Château D'anglès La Clape Classique Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Claymore You'll Never Walk Alone Grenache Shiraz Mataro 2013, South Australia
- Torbreck Old Vines Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2013, South Australia