Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (6)
I love an Auslese and this one is no exception. The dominate aromas are pear, followed by peach and apricot, with an ever so subtle scent of diesel to reveal its complexity and roots. The apparent sweetness was balanced by a subtle underlying Mosel acidity that gave one the impression of liquid opulence. However, it seemed a tad tired and I have the distinct impression its in its fading stages. So sad really - I can imagine a blockbuster had I drunk it in 2009.
- Dr. Hermann Ürziger Würzgarten Riesling Auslese 2005, Mosel
- Wittmann Riesling Trocken 2011, Germany
- Hoffmann Simon Piesporter Goldtröpfchen Riesling Spätlese 2011, Mosel
- Reichsrat Von Buhl Forster Jesuitengarten Riesling Spätlese 2009, Pfalz
- Kim Crawford Small Parcel The Mistress Riesling 2006, Wairarapa