Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (6)
I love an Auslese and this one is no exception. The dominate aromas are pear, followed by peach and apricot, with an ever so subtle scent of diesel to reveal its complexity and roots. The apparent sweetness was balanced by a subtle underlying Mosel acidity that gave one the impression of liquid opulence. However, it seemed a tad tired and I have the distinct impression its in its fading stages. So sad really - I can imagine a blockbuster had I drunk it in 2009.
Visit my website grumpygrape.net/
Lovely and fruity though very sweet. Low alcohol makes it a wonderfully sipping wine on a summer evening.
- Dr. Heidemanns Bergweiler Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese 2013, Mosel
- Maximin Grünhäuser Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett 2012, Mosel
- Tawse Sketches Of Niagara Riesling 2014, Ontario
- Vineland Estates Elevation St. Urban Vineyard Riesling 2014, Ontario
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Dry Riesling 2012, South Australia