Saltram Mamre Brook Shiraz 2008, Barossa Valley,
South Australia, Australia
Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (6)
On the nose, this wine opens up with ripe blackberry, plums, savoury, coffee and cedar aromas. Big and rich flavours on the mouthfeel, cherry pie, chocolate, clove with sufficient acidity and ripe tannins. The finish is long, velvety, savoury with sweet flavours lingering. A classic example of the “Barossa Style”, big fruit and big alcohol but well balanced and well made. Very enjoyable.
Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
Description: Veinous in colour with medium+ intensity on the nose.
Positives: There's a lot going here in this complex wine. Violets, cedar, spices, blackberries, coffee, plums, anise, dark chocolate, menthol, smoked bacon, roasted red peppers and sawdust. Full body, medium tannins, good acidity with long length and the high alcohol is well integrated.
This wine is a meal on itself, but will also pair nicely with a medium rare T-bone steak. Drink now or cellar for another 5 years.
Tasted: 25 Feb 12
Score: 9+/10, Value:9+/10, Total: 18.5/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
- Two Hands Angels' Share Shiraz 2014, South Australia
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Rockcliffe Third Reef Shiraz 2013, Western Australia