Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (11)
An absolute must on the repeat purchase list. This one is fantastic, albeit not a simple,staged, predictable wine.
Lottsa booze in this one, and you can taste it
Enjoyeed with some good cheese
May 11 2011
Ruby colour. Peppery spice, cigar box and vegetal nose. Dark chocolate attack, cigar box, prunes. Black pepper and jammy dk fruit finish. Great value.
All I can think of is that great but awful George Michael Gotta Have Faith video. It smells of leather jacket and dirty fruit. It’s tight like his jeans, so give it some time to breathe. But it’s catchy and smooth like his moves. Perfect with spicy BBQ ribs.
Visit my website www.getyourwineon.ca/
The 2007 Mayu Reserva Carmenère is fruity, medium to full bodied wine with nice aromas of yogurty strawberry, red currant and green pepper. It has refined tannins and a medium and alcoholic finish. It will soften and integrate with time, drink 2013-2018. My impression: NOTHING SPECIAL to NICE, 88 pts. Tasted May/11.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley