Community Reviews (5)
This did nothing for me. Quite disjointed: full bodied but quite sharp and slightly volatile. Taste very young and a bit sour. Not bad, barely good. And not at all worth this price.
Visit my website torontowineguy.blogspot.com/
Opaque purple/ruby with med+ intensity. Nose shows plum, cinnamon, some sandalwood, dates, spiced apple, cloves. Complexed nose. On the palate, good acidity which is a surprise considering the typical Aussie nose. More raisin than plum, dates & a fair amount of green, which is surprising. The high alcohol is felt at the end deep down the throat. Young tannins, makes this wine more linear. Lacks depth. Needs aging for another 5 yrs.
Tasted: March 2011
Score: 6/10, Value: 5/10, Total: 11/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 1.5
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
- Two Hands Angels' Share Shiraz 2014, South Australia
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- The Lane Vineyard Block 14 Basket Press Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia