Community Reviews (2)
I have to admit, I could not wait for the 30 minutes to decant this, and ia have to say that I simply love this, absolutely love this.
It is a great medium to full bodies wine with beautiful berry's, hints of vanilla, smooth, delightful.
My only issue is that inventory is getting scarce, and there is now way that the other 3 bottles are going to last the 5 years of cellaring recommended. This would be gold after that I have to assume.
The 2008 Viña Casablanca El Bosque Carmenère is medium bodied, with nice aromas of fruity to integrated blackberry, bilberry, smoke and vanilla. Surprisingly, no vegetal notes are present. Tannins are refined to tannic (decant for 30 or more minutes) and the finish is medium and smooth. This wine is good now or can be aged for 5 to 10 years. My impression: NICE, 89.5 - recommended try especially at this price point. Tasted Feb/11.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley