Community Reviews (1)
The wine showed some sediment in the glass (tartartic acid?), but overall made a good first impression. On the palette the profile showed moderate levels of acid, but a rather thin flavour profile of cedar, tar and pencil lead. The finish was dry and stringent. This is a wine that has to be paired with food.
Tasted blind at a Beefsteak & Burgundy club event, September 2016.
- Domaine Pavelot Aux Gravains Savigny Les Beaune 1er Cru 2013, Burgundy
- Bodegas Mas Alta Artigas 2008, Priorat
- Podere La Cappella Querciolo Chianti Classico Riserva 2011, Tuscany
- Il Molino Di Grace Il Margone Chianti Classico Gran Selezione 2011, Tuscany
- Castello Di Gabbiano Gran Selezione Bellezza Chianti Classico 2013, Tuscany