So, You Think You Know Wine? Final* Round – Ep#2-9 Penfolds Yattarna Chardonnay 2008
It’s FINAL* time! During the opening six rounds of the round-robin each critic participated in three tastings to determine their ranking.
As a result of finishing first, John went up against Jennifer and Sara in the first semi-final. Sara bested the two Master Sommeliers and advanced to the final*. In the second semi-final Steve bested Zoltan and David (both of whom had finished well ahead of Steve in the scoring) to advance. Who will become the champion: Sara or Steve?
* Why is there an asterisk beside the word final everywhere? You’ll have to watch this episode to find out!
In the final* the scoring remains the same as does our lovely host Amil Niazi.
There are four parameters the critics are scored on for up to 10 points per wine :
• Varietal = up to 3 points for varietal or style
• Location = up to 3 points (2pts for Country and 1pt for Region)
• Vintage = up to 2 points (2pts for exact year, 1pt for +/- 1 year)
• Price = up to 2 points (2pts for +/- 2.5% of price, 1pt for +/- 10% of price)
To see who wins our championship click here or on the image below.
This episode features the Penfolds Yattarna Chardonnay 2008 .
We hope you enjoy the videos as much as we did making them and encourage you to share them with your friends: