Community Reviews (2)
The 2011 Rennie Estate Scarpata Cabernet Sauvignon was crafted utilizing the Appassimento method prior to fermentation, then second fermented on leftover skins utilized for “G” Assemblage, and aged for 18 months in new French Oak. The resulting wine has captivating aromas of dark chocolate, black currant and woody cranberry on the nose and cranberry, pomegranate, cherry, cedar and oak on the palate. It is a medium to full bodied, extra-dry, fruity to integrated wine; BALANCED with crisp acidity, grippy tannins and a long and chalky finish. Enjoy on-its-own or with red meats; drink 2015/16 to 2025 (evolution potential of +1). My impression: BEAUTIFUL, 92 (+1 Ep)pts – recommended for its quality. Tasted in Oct/14 at 'Taste Ontario 2014' http://grapeselections.com/taste-ontario-2014/.
See my wine recommendations readily available at the LCBO here:
or here @
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
Medium+ intensity aromas featuring sweet ripe fruits, grilled pepper and red currant notes. It's medium-full bodied with cassis, red fruits, cedar and spice flavours on the palate. Grippy tannins are chalky, yet inviting. Has very good, balanced acids and a long finish. Tasted Oct/2014.
Visit my website vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com
Similar Cabernet Sauvignon
- Catena Agrelo Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, Mendoza
- Casas Del Bosque Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, Maipo Valley
- Wynns Coonawarra Estate Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, South Australia
- Montgras Ninquén Mountain Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Louis M. Martini Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, California