Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (2)
I'm generally not a huge fan of Australian Shiraz, what with its overripe, overwrought, commercially-driven, in-your-face tendencies, but with its burst of black pepper spice, savoury meaty-earthy-herbal elements (plus a hint of salt on the finish), rich purple fruit, and touch of funkiness (bandaid), this one actually seems more like a Syrah-based blend from the southern Rhône, and that's very much to its credit. It's still big, bold, and obvious, the fruit (cassis, blackberry, blueberry) ripe, the wood pronounced, but it's admirably restrained and interesting overall, defying the stereotype.
- Stellenrust Peppergrinder's Shiraz 2012, Stellenbosch
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Delheim Shiraz 2013, Stellenbosch
- Byron & Harold Rose & Thorns Shiraz 2013, Western Australia
- Heartland Spice Trader Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon 2014, South Australia