Monte Del Frá Bardolino 2011
Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (5)
This isn't a showstopper, but there's true beauty in the freshness of this wine. Incredibly aromatic with intense cherry and raspberry notes along with a bit of earthiness to add some complexity. Light-bodied, it's very juicy with refreshing acidity and a long finish. Figured this would be something nice and simple to pair with pizza, but this is the best damn pizza wine I've had in a long time!! Seriously enjoyable and an amazing value. Definitely buying more! Tasted March 2013.
David is right on. The main taste for me is cherries, and it is quite smooth with a decent finish. It starts well and grows with each glass. I can't quite give it a 90, but it is very good especially for the price. I will buy more of this one.
Similar Red Blend
- Tessellae Carignan Vieilles Vignes 2014, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- 3c Premium Selection Cariñena 2013, Cariñena
- Château Grand Moulin Vieilles Vignes 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Celler De Capçanes Mas Donís Barrica Old Vines 2014, Montsant
- Castello Collemassari Rigoleto Montecucco Rosso 2013, Tuscany