Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (7)
Nose of black cherry and chocolate with a hint and oak-spice. Ripe fruit on the palate, good structure and well-balanced acid. Decent length.
Visit my website www.wine-gems.blogspot.com
Aromas of red fruits and vanilla with more of the same on the palate. Full-bodied with chalky tannins. Quite well-balanced. Drinking well now, but will reward another 3-4 years in cellar. Tasted Sept/2012.
Visit my website vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com
The 2010 Penfolds Thomas Hyland Shiraz is a medium bodied, fruity wine, with intense aromas of blackberry, black cherry and strawberry. It is acid forward; has refined, silky tannins (decant for 15-30 min) and has a medium, bit alcoholic finish. This is a food friendly wine that can be cellared for another 5 years. My impression: NICE, 88-89 pts. Tasted Sept/12.
See my wine recommendations readily available at the LCBO here:
or here @
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Stellenrust Peppergrinder's Shiraz 2012, Stellenbosch
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Rockcliffe Third Reef Shiraz 2013, Western Australia