Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (2)
I'd more or less given up on Australian Shiraz because I find them overly medicinal in their fruitiness. But this one has poise and complexity and a character that evolves in the glass and made me believe that it's probably just the mass-appeal, cherry-bomb $20 something shiraz's that I've come to dislike. This is a sensuous but civilized wine.
2010 vintage. This is a big wine with aromas of ripe dark fruits, blueberry, violet and lavender. Lovely blueberry with hints of coffee and vanilla on the palate. Full-bodied. Drinkable now, but has enough tannic grip to let sit for another 2-3 years. Tasted May/2012.
Visit my website vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Dutschke God's Hill Road Neigbours Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- The Lane Vineyard Block 14 Basket Press Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Stellenrust Peppergrinder's Shiraz 2012, Stellenbosch
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia