Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (7)
Sage and cherry on the nose with definite floral aromas. The blending of Mataro and Shiraz with the Grenache has created very good complexity. Tbere is warmth from the alcahol, but there is a savoury flavor of blueberry and plum with a hint of chocolate which balances the overall flavor. This is a medium to full bodied wine, very smooth tanins, mouth filling, easy drinking with food or on it's own. Great with BBQ staek or orher savoury meats.
Deep ruby with a slight purple hue for this opaque GSM. Showing nice fruit concentration with black cherry, blackberry, cassis, blueberry, black plum and prune. Quite complex with additional aromas/flavours of black pepper, nutmeg, fennel, herb/mint, cedar, vanilla and a charred/tarry note. It's full bodied with medium plus acidity and medium tannin. Complexity, balance, integrated oak and excellent length make for a 92+ score. A tad hot on the finish, but hey at 15% ABV it could be worse. Dec 2015.
Good as a pre dinner drink, but when paired with steak and beet salad the chocolate really popped. And it improves with every glass.
- Two Hands Angels' Share Shiraz 2014, South Australia
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Rockcliffe Third Reef Shiraz 2013, Western Australia