Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (3)
Blackberry, blueberry, herbal notes, spice and those garrigue notes coming from the Grenache (although not as strong). This wine is packed with flavour. Dense is a great word to describe it. Fruit and soft tannins are integrated beautifully. E. Guigal is a reliable producer and this Gigondas is one such example.
Visit my website www.theyummygrape.com
Couldn't disagree more with the respected critics on this one. Elegant nose of jammy fruits and a hint of spice, but this wine ends there. At 14.5% alcohol I found this to be suprisingly light in weight without the umph of many côte du Rhones retailing at half the price. Very dry with weak tannins and a finish that drops off almost immediately. This was the third bottle I tasted and all disappointed especially at this price point for the region.
Visit my website www.thetaintedcork.com
- Vignobles De Balma Vénitia Cuvée Saint Roch Vacqueyras 2011, Rhone
- Pierre Amadieu Romane Machotte Gigondas 2012, Rhone
- Domaine Du Grapillon D'or Gigondas 2012, Rhone
- Domaine Grand Nicolet Les Esqueyrons Rasteau 2012, Rhone
- Domaine Beau Mistral Vieilles Vignes Rasteau Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2012, Rhone