Domaine Du Grand Montmirail Vacqueyras 2009 - Expert wine ratings and wine reviews by WineAlign
Ripe, dense, ambitious example of Vacqueyras here, with intense, fleshy black fruit flavours, firm structure and...
This is a deep, purple young and very classy Rhone with a very fine, ripe, plum-blackberry nose inlaid with licorice,...
A truly pleasurable wine with incredible depth and complexity for the price point. What one would come to expect from...
Deliciously structured and finely assembled, the 2009 Grand Montmirail is the type of Vacqueyras that is strikingly...
Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (2)
It sits in the glass in a great dark purple colour. The colour of grape juice! Very well balanced, super smooth. The nose begins quite earthy and herbally with underlying fruitiness. On the palate it's intense and finishes with a long and pleasant cocoa note. The longer it breathes, the more complex it becomes -- the earthy herbally goodness comes out nicely.
Enjoyed with braised and grilled beef. Tasted January 2012.
- Vignobles De Balma Vénitia Cuvée Saint Roch Vacqueyras 2011, Rhone
- Pierre Amadieu Romane Machotte Gigondas 2012, Rhone
- Domaine Beau Mistral Vieilles Vignes Rasteau Côtes Du Rhône Villages 2012, Rhone
- Famille Perrin Les Christins Vacqueyras 2012, Rhone
- Grands Serres Les Hautes Vacquieres Vacqueyras 2012, Rhone