Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (3)
This wine is a blend of 90% Shiraz and 10% Merlot, maturation in new and old American and French oak barrique to mature for 12-15 months. This Shiraz opens up with aromas of cherry, plum-blackberry fruit, vanilla and cedar notes. On the mouthfeel, medium-full bodied (with alcohol at 14.5%), loads of energy, bright spicy flavours, crisp acidity and grainy tannins. Very good length on the finish, fresh, spicy and fruit focused. A very enjoyable, elegant and food friendly Shiraz, strongly recommended.
Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
Cherry theme runs through the colour, nose and palate. Juicy forward fruit style will not disappoint new world Australian shiraz fans. Medium body with rounded tannins and lingering finish. Good complexity. Went very well with beef stew, although I enjoyed it on its own beforehand.
- Jim Barry The Lodge Hill Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Stellenrust Peppergrinder's Shiraz 2012, Stellenbosch
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Penfolds Bin 2 Shiraz Mataro 2014, South Australia
- Rockcliffe Third Reef Shiraz 2013, Western Australia