Critic Reviews (4)
Community Reviews (4)
Medium ruby in colour with medium+ intensity in the nose.
Positives: A very nice aromatic nose featuring carnations, peppers (red, black & white), nutmeg, cinnamon, blackberry, raspberry, plums & cedar. The taste isn't as pronounced as the nose, but that's not necessary a bad thing. The tasting notes are plums, raspberry, peppers (red, black & white), eucalyptus, cardamom, arugula with dandelion greens and young artichokes on the finish. Medium to full body, good acidity, medium to low tannins & high alcohol.
Negatives: The high alcohol is quite noticeable along with a bitterness.
Drink now on its own or pair with BBQ baby ribs.
Tasted: 27 Jan 12
Score: 8+/10, Value: 9/10, Total: 17.5/20
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 3
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
- Barossa Valley Estate Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2012, South Australia
- Yalumba The Strapper Gsm 2014, South Australia
- Château D'anglès La Clape Classique Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Gérard Bertrand Grand Terroir Les Aspres Syrah/Mourvèdre/Grenache 2013, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Torbreck Old Vines Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2013, South Australia