Community Reviews (2)
Strange, I don't recall when or where I bought this wine! In any case, this red from Umbria is made from Sagrantino, a variety known for producing tannic, robust wines. And so it is here with this wine. Dense, intense, firmly tannic, but loaded with dark red fruits, and, in the background, a well-judged hint of oak. While this can be enjoyed now with a decant, it reallys needs another couple of years at least. Should age through 2018 with ease. Excellent. Tasted March 2012.
- Illuminati Riparosso Montepulciano D'abruzzo 2015, Abruzzo
- Terra D'aligi Tolos Montepulciano D'abruzzo 2010, Abruzzo
- Valle Reale Vigneto Sant'eusanio Montepulciano D'abruzzo 2011, Abruzzo
- Terra D'aligi Tatone Montepulciano D'abruzzo 2012, Abruzzo
- Villa Medoro Rosso Del Duca Montepulciano D'abruzzo 2012, Abruzzo