Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (7)
Medium ruby to garnet in colour with medium to medium+ intensity.
Positives: Lots of spice going on here along with violets, plums, maple, nectarines, blackberries, dark cherries, tobacco leaves, cigar box & champagne mushrooms. Medium+ body with medium tannins, good acidity & long length.
Negatives: A touch of heat from the alcohol & some tartness on the finish.
Interesting Note: This GSM is more in line with Cotê du Rhone as I didn't detect the usual jammy notes associated to Australian wines. Use Shiraz/Syrah wine glass if you have them. Finally, from time to time LCBO has this wine on sale.
Drink now on its own or pair it with Chinese dish of beef, mushrooms & broccoli.
Tasted: 7 Mar 12
Score: 8.5+/10, Value: 9.5/10, Total: 18.5/20.
Out of 5 stars, I rated this wine: 4
Visit my website www.twilightwines.com
Tasted Oct 2011. Very flavourful blend with wonderful sour notes merging with peppery spices and a nice lengthy finish. An excellent GSM for the price.
Nice GSM blend. I love the fruitiness and the pronounced sour cherry taste - then again sour cherry is one of my favorite flavours in a red wine. In a lifesaver too now that I think about it. Would make a good summer red.
Visit my website www.pullthecork.wordpress.com
- Barossa Valley Estate Grenache/Shiraz/Mourvèdre 2012, South Australia
- Château D'anglès La Clape Classique Syrah/Grenache/Mourvèdre 2012, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Gérard Bertrand Grand Terroir Les Aspres Syrah/Mourvèdre/Grenache 2013, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)
- Hahn Winery G.S.M 2014, California
- Gérard Bertrand Terroir Corbières 2013, Languedoc Roussillon (Midi)