Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (3)
My introduction to Barossa Shiraz and Oh MY what an introduction. Now I won't drink a Shiraz if its not sourced from Barossa. Complex, full bodied, initial impressions of salty seaweed (iodine?), mint, terroir, dark brooding fruit, white pepper and spice. This is a contemplative wine that will seduce you with its depth, strength and elegance. I couldn't stop drinking it. As it aired it developed smoother vanilla and cherry overtones. Well integrated tannins, finishes with a kick of spice. Unfortunately it doesn't keep too well and needs to be quaffed at one sitting.
Wow ... So thick you can almost chew it. Take this to a party to impress everyone, at least the ones who count. Wouldn't want it every day but a lovely change to the regulars under $20. Yet another awesome Barossa region wine that will be missed once its gone.
At $19.95 I thought this wine was an excellent value. Full bodied with a high level of intensity which may be a bit over powering for some... but I highly recommend traditional Shiraz lovers give a bottle a try.
- George Wyndham Founder's Reserve Shiraz 2010, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Magpie Estate The Sack Shiraz 2006, Australia
- Tscharke Marananga Gnadenfrei Shiraz 2011, South Australia
- Tyrrell's Rufus Stone Shiraz 2006, Australia