Candor Lot 7 Zinfandel, Lodi

Zinfandel/Primitivo Zinfandel/Primitivo
California, Usa

$22.95 (133389)

  • None
     
  • Drink Now Or Cellar
  • 8585

85 pts
8
October 29, 2016

Critic Reviews (3)

David Lawrason
David Lawrason

This is a deeply coloured, very fruity, somewhat candied zinfandel with ripe floral, blackberry/vaguely pruny fruit....

Sign In to see Critic Reviews. Not a Member? Please Sign Up.
Sign In to see Critic Reviews. Not a Member? Please Sign Up.
  • Thumbs-up (1)
  • Thumbs-down (0)
John Szabo, MS
John Szabo, MS

Thick, full, soft and slightly sweet, like blackberry jam and cinnamon pudding. Simple stuff engineered for broad...

Sign In to see Critic Reviews. Not a Member? Please Sign Up.
Sign In to see Critic Reviews. Not a Member? Please Sign Up.
  • Thumbs-up (0)
  • Thumbs-down (0)
Michael Godel
Michael Godel

Cool Lodi functioning marbles with red berries and dry leaves scattered over the forest floor. Quite pretty though...

Sign In to see Critic Reviews. Not a Member? Please Sign Up.
Sign In to see Critic Reviews. Not a Member? Please Sign Up.
  • Thumbs-up (0)
  • Thumbs-down (0)

Community Reviews (5)

Paul Forget
Paul Forget

Candor Lot 3 is a blend of Zinfandel from three different vintages; 2008 represents 6% of the blend, 2009 78% and 2010 16%. The fruit are grown in two regions, Lodi with about 65% with the remaining 35% from Paso Robles. Maturation was predominantly in American oak and alcohol comes in at 14.5%.
This Zinfandel opened up with an attractive and ripe bouquet of blueberry, plum and red berry fruit, fruitcake, light cedar, vanilla and savoury notes. On the mouthfeel, a medium-full bodied wine with delicious ripe fruit covering the palate, fine texture, balanced acidity and silky tannins. The finish is long, very smooth, fruit driven and those same lovely silky tannins lingering. This is a beautiful, well balanced, aromatic and delicious wine with great Zin character and highly unlikely to disappoint. Strongly recommended.

9090
  • Thumbs-up (1)
  • Thumbs-down (0)

Visit my website paulnjoywine.blogspot.com/
Brad Mate
Brad Mate

This is a classic Lodi Zin that is packed with ripe fruit flavours and vanilla oak resin. Ripe plums, figs, dried fruit flavours, sweet tobacco and sweet vanilla oak. This is definitely not a wine for the critics. However that's not why you buy this wine, you buy it because it's soft, flavourful and delicious. Critical scores aren't everything...if they were, we'd all be drinking lean under-ripe, high acid, minimal oaked boring wines...that are fresh of course...LOL

8989
  • Thumbs-up (0)
  • Thumbs-down (0)

Visit my website www.winelightmedia.com
Jason Solanki
Jason Solanki

A blend of grapes from Paso Robles and Lodi appellations, from the 2008 (6%), 2009 (78%) and 2010 (16%) vintages. Smells very green with ripe fruits and sour cherry aromas. Medium-bodied, slightly off-dry with notes of raisins, red plums and is slightly jammy. Good acidity with medium-length finish. Tasted Feb/2013.

8888
  • Thumbs-up (0)
  • Thumbs-down (0)

Visit my website vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com
Sue Sterling
Sue Sterling

Dense black plum colour.
Med. intensity nose of cranberry, black currant, earth, white pepper, black olive, and orange Pekoe tea.
Dry, full body, med. tannin. Pie cherries, tea, white pepper, blueberry jam, and raspberry. Plush mouthfeel. Med. length.

8383
  • Thumbs-up (0)
  • Thumbs-down (1)

Visit my website www.suesterling.com
Greg Jones
Greg Jones

Have to agree with Dave on this one. Overly sweet and confected. A waste of $22.

8080
  • Thumbs-up (0)
  • Thumbs-down (1)