Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (7)
Fantastic bargain. It has a rich texture and amazingly soft finish. Deep flavours. Great susbstitute for cabernets and a welcome change with the carmenere grape.
This wine is dominated by bilberry and blackberry followed by pine, vanilla and green pepper notes (once it opens). This integrated, yet fruity wine is aromatic, chalky and a bit earthy/smoky. It is good to drink now or may nicely evolve up to 5 years. It has refined tannins (decant for 30 min), medium to full body and a medium finish. This wine should be consumed within 2 hours as overwhelming green pepper notes emerge. My impression: BEAUTIFUL and I am glad I have several bottles in my cellar. Tasted Feb/10.
If you would like to see wines I recommend and that are still available at the LCBO, please visit this link (listed in my profile):
Visit my website www.grapeselections.com
Cork smells of plums, dark fruit and hints of raisin. Inky, smoky, chocolate, cassis, pomegranate and hints of mocha aromas from the glass. Cassis, herbal, white pepper, mocha, milk chocolate notes on the palate. Full bodied red with ripe tannins. Could be aged another 1-2 years, but can be savoured today. Recommended. Tasted Jan/2012.
Visit my website vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley