Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (6)
Another great Shiraz for under $20! I've got the green light to buy a case of this today. At the rate we are going through this wine a case will last only 6 nights (well, maybe 6 Saturday nights).
The fruit profile is bordering between red and black, rather than the intense black fruit profile of shiraz grown in hotter climates. Think strawberry jam, ripe black cherry, and black plum. Has elements of cocoa bean and a touch of smooth cigarbox from the oak. The palate is plush with an acidic and soft tannic backbone which keeps the wine structured. A nice length. Ready now but will likely hold for another year. (Jan 12, 2011)
Palate of blackberry fruits clean refreshing finish but an aftertaste that is slightly bitter. I am going to cellar 6 bottles for 1-2 more years. I find it a great valve for the money.
- George Wyndham Founder's Reserve Shiraz 2010, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Magpie Estate The Sack Shiraz 2006, Australia
- Claymore Walk On The Wild Side Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Tscharke Marananga Gnadenfrei Shiraz 2011, South Australia