Critic Reviews (2)
Community Reviews (1)
This Carménère offers lovely aromas of ripe blackberry, dark cherry, green pepper, and raspberry and tomato leaves. It's dry and lean on the palate, the fruit receding but with powerful replays of green pepper along with roast pepper and even chili pepper leading to cran-cherry tartness through the finish. But then it evolves, strangely, into a sort of red, New Zealand-style Sauvignon Blanc, with dominant notes of nettle and passion fruit. There's decent depth but a lack of balance overall, and it misses the round, soft berry fruit needed to counter the more severe savoury elements.
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley