Critic Reviews (3)
Community Reviews (2)
Sara describes it best, except that I did not find it intriguing, is simply did not work for me at all. Lucky I have someone else to finish it for me.
A disappointing if not altogether unpleasant Carménère, this shallow Gran Reserva opens with Cab-like cassis and other deep purple fruit before turning more Syrah-like, in a rather uninviting way, with meat, earth, and black pepper. It tastes quite a bit better than it smells, with characteristic green pepper and herbal notes adding belated complexity, but even then it doesn't have all that much to recommend it.
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley