Critic Reviews (5)
Community Reviews (1)
Some bricking at edge. Lots of stewed, jammy fruit: raspberry jam, prune, cassis, and stewed dark cherry. Roasted bell pepper, menthol, coffee, cocoa, brown sugar, cigar box, cedar, and smoke. Repeats on the palate, with slightly fresher fruit, and most of those sweet flavours coming from the warming 15% alcohol. Soft but present tannins and smooth, warm texture. Good length, with dark cherry, prune, mocha, tobacco, and spice lingering. Acidity could be slightly higher for better balance, but overall the balance is decent given the high alcohol. A wine for hearty stews and the like.
- Santa Rita Medalla Real Carmenere Gran Reserva 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Concha Y Toro Winemaker's Lot 148 Carmenère 2007, Chile
- Emiliana Novas Carménère / Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Colchagua Valley
- Viña Tarapacá Gran Reserva Carmenère 2013, Maipo Valley
- Miguel Torres Cordillera De Los Andes Special Reserva Carmenère 2009, Curicó Valley