Critic Reviews (1)
Community Reviews (1)
A bit more balanced than most Barossa shiraz, picking up some of the notes of pepper notes and herbs more associated with cooler climate syrah along with the riper dark berry notes expected from Barossa. Oak is noted without being exaggerated and there is some sweetness noted on the finish (owing to 10g/L of residual sugar, no doubt). Nice middle ground between Aussie and Rhone interpretations of syrah, though a little less sweetness would be appreciated. Picked up on sale for $16, more than reasonable. Tasted June 2015.
- George Wyndham Founder's Reserve Shiraz 2010, South Australia
- Dandelion Vineyards Menagerie Of The Barossa Grenache/Shiraz/Mataró 2014, South Australia
- Magpie Estate The Sack Shiraz 2006, Australia
- Claymore Walk On The Wild Side Shiraz 2013, South Australia
- Tscharke Marananga Gnadenfrei Shiraz 2011, South Australia